Thomas Ringate, FTM2
- 1962 - Enlisted in September, and
went off to boot camp in San Diego California. After boot
camp, served aboard the USS Uhlmann, DD-687. Made a west-pac
- 1963 - Attending Class "A"
school in Bainbridge, MD, and Tartar Weapons Class in Dam
Neck VA. Reported aboard Semmes.
- 1965 - Discharged from Semmes/Navy
- 1965 - Started work for IBM in
- 1965 - Married, had three
children, all boys.
- 1981 - Divorced.
- 1984 - Re- married, one step son.
- 1985 - Moved to Tampa FL, company
- 1996 - Retired from IBM after 31
years of service.
- 2002 - Put up the Semmes DDG-18
- 2004 - Volunteer on SS American Victory Museum Ship (Education
- 2005 - Member local chapter of C.F.Adams DDG-2 (Locate Adams to Tampa
I enjoy SCUBA diving, Amateur radio (K0ZXF),
Boys grew up to be:
I have been doing computer consulting work since retirement, on a
free lance basis. Just to keep busy.
Traveling is a major part of our life now, seeing the places at a
slow pace, with my wife, (my best friend).
We have two grandchildren, and hope for more.
- 1- Business Owner, Volunteer Fireman
- 1- Police officer
- 1- UPS Manager
- 1- Construction worker
Copyright © 2002-2003 USS SEMMES (DDG 18) Association