Michael Doherty, GMM2
- 1957 - Born To George & Violette Doherty
Attended Honesdale Jr. & Sr. High School in Honesdale, Pa.
- 1970-1976 - Relocated To Clinton, N.Y. - Attended and graduated from Clinton Sr. High School
Athletics: Football and Basketball
- 1976 - Joined the United States Navy (Gunner's Mate Missile Technician)
- 1977-1980 - Served aboard the USS Semmes DDG18
- 1982 - Honorably discharged from United States Navy
- 1980-1982 - Attended Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica, New York
Associated Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology
- 1982-1985 - Attended State University of New York College of Technology in Utica, New York
Bachelor of Science in Vocational / Technical Teacher Education.
- 1983-1985 - Employed at Oneida County BOCES - New Hartford, New York
Electronics Teacher-Taught electronics curriculum to high school students.
- 1985-1987 - Employed at General Electric Co. - Utica, New York
Design Reliability Engineer for fighter aircraft RADAR systems
- 1987 - Attended University of the State of New York - Albany, New York
Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering
- 1987-1990 - Employed at Lockheed Space Operations Co. – Kennedy Space Center , Florida
Reliability Engineer on NASA Space Shuttle Program
System Engineer on NASA Space Shuttle Systems
- 1990-1998 - Employed by Rockwell International at NASA Shuttle Logistics Depot Cape Canaveral, Fl.
Reliability Engineer, Depot Engineer, Communications & Tracking Avionics Test Engineer
Communications and Tracking Avionics Test Engineering Supervisor
- 1995-1997 - Attended the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering - Management of Technology
- 1998-2004 - Employed by United Space Alliance (a Boeing L.L.C.) at NASA Shuttle Logistics Depot Cape Canaveral, Fl.
Manufacturing, Overhaul & Repair Project Manager
Manager - Special Test Equipment Design Engineering
- 2004-2011 - Employed by United Space Alliance (a Boeing L.L.C.) at Kennedy Space Center , Florida
Senior Manager - Quality & Reliability Engineering
Senior Manager - Solid Rocket Booster & Ground Operations Design Engineering
- 2011-2016 - Employed by The Boeing Company at Ridley Park, Pa.
Manager - Chinook Helicopter Programs Product Lifecycle Management Engineering
- 2016-Present - Employed by Orbital ATK – Kennedy Space Center , Florida
Program Manager – NASA Space Launch Systems (SLS) Solid Rocket Booster
- Married, Father of 2 children.
- Hobbies include Bicycling, Bracket Drag Racing, Motorcycling, & Automotive Mechanics.
Copyright © 2002-2018 USS SEMMES (DDG 18) Association